1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
2. The campaign is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document.
3. The Campaign is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
4. Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her guardian, who approves of and consents to the participant’s participation in the competition and the participant’s receipt/possession of the prize.
5. By participating in this campaign you agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
7. This campaign is open from 1 October 2016 and ends at 12am (midnight) on 31 March 2017. Any entries and Facebook engagements on Facebook social posts done on any of the selected Unilever South African brand pages before the 1 October 2016 will not reflect as merits on the uGive website.
REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE
8. To enter, participants will be required to register on www.ugive.co.za and :
- Selected a charity of your choice;
- Participate via Facebook on the selected Unilever brand pages;
- Each time you participate you will receive a merit point (see merit details below);
- 40 merit points = 1 voucher for your selected charity;
- Just by participating participants s also stand a chance to win a bursary valued at R10 000.
10. uGive merits/points may take up to 24 hours to reflect on the participant’s profile.
11. Participant merits will only be tracked according to the selected Unilever South Africa brand pages. Any shared/re-posts that are not shown on the selected Unilever brand pages will not be merited for.
12. Participants can also participate as many times as they like to increase their chances of winning the bursary.
DELIVERY OF VOUCHERS
13. At month end, points will be tallied up for each of the charities. Unilever deals coupon will be generate by ThumbTribe and will be sent to the selected charity to redeem at the selected retailer.
14. Coupons are not exchangeable for cash or transferable.
DETAILS OF BURSARY
15. The more that participants engage on Facebook, the better their chance of winning the bursary prize.
16. 1 of 6 Bursaries to be won, valued at R10 000 each.
17. The Bursary is not transferable.
18. Participants with the most amount of engagements (i.e. likes comments or shares) will be selected as a winner.
19. Should there be a tie in the number of transactions between two or more participants, then the Promoter will select the winner via random draw.
20. The Promoter will contact the winner to arrange delivery.
21. 1 winner will be selected every month.
- 1 Like = 1 Merit
- 1 Comment = 2 Merits
- 1 Share = 5 Merits
- 40 Merits = 1 uGive Voucher
- *1 uGive Voucher = 1 X 500g OMO Handwash OR
- = 1 x 750ml Domestos bottle OR
- = 2 x 175g Lifebouy Soap OR
- = 6 x 51g Knorr Soup
22. Vouchers will be delivered to the charities. The promoter will contact the charity directly to arrange delivery.
23. The charities will be required to sign an Indemnity and Media Release forms.
24. A copy of these rules can be found on the following website www.uGive.co.za throughout the period of the campaign.
25. Bursary winners will be required to complete a set of documentation such as to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of the prize, provide a copy of their identity document and any other relevant information that is necessary for audit purposes. The winner will forfeit the Bursary should he/she failure to provide the required documentation within a period of one month.
26. Failure to claim the Voucher or a refusal or inability to required documentation or comply with any of the campaign requirements within 2 months will disqualify the selected charity.
27. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
28. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this campaign that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
29. Responsibility is not accepted for entries (i.e. comments, likes or shares) lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
31. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
32. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail, cell phone or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
33. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the charities for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the charities. However, the charities has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
34. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the campaign immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
35. In the event that the Vouchers are not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Vouchers, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Voucher of with another reward of equal value.
36. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers nor employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
37. Participation in the campaign constitutes acceptance of the rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
38. This campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
39. All participants in this Competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
40. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
41. Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
42. Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and/or stories, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.
43. The duration of this competition may also be extended or curtailed at the sole discretion of the organiser. If this is the case, the organiser will provide notice of this on the website or on the selected Unilever brand Facebook pages.